Monday, January 19, 2015

Why "The Blunt Housewife"?

When deciding what to call this blog, I wanted a name that truly explained the goal of everything I write. I knew I would post about my life as a wife and mother, so the title would have to reference that. I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I wanted that to also be obvious.

I decided on "blunt," because that will be the general attitude of my writing. "Honest" didn't fit, because what people call brutal honesty is often a way to excuse being mean, and I don't plan on approaching things that way.

I want to write about my experiences and my decisions. My lifestyle inevitably lends itself to hot topics, and I want to talk about them - explain why I do what I do with the intention of showing others how I came to my conclusions. I hope it will be an opportunity to educate, encourage others to share or research for themselves, and uplift other women in similar situations.

I also call it blunt because I will be blunt in my language. I won't shy away from things because they are gross, sensitive, or intimate. If I feel the need to talk about sex, breastfeeding, and labour, I will talk about those as freely as I talk about cooking, laundry, and housekeeping.

I will try to be respectful at all times, and I ask that you do likewise as you share your own opinions and experiences.

Thank you for reading :).

No comments:

Post a Comment